Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After I erase my iPad and give it to someone else, can they download from their iPhone?

After I erase my iPad Air2 can the new owner use their iPhone to download their info and apps?

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 2:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 7:47 PM

Worse case scenario.

You will need to start by backing up your daughter's iPhone to either Apple's iCloud ( you may need to pay for additional, monthly storage space ) or by connecting your iDevice to a computer running the latest iTunes or, if a newer Mac with a much newer macOS, use the macOS Finder to do the device backup and/or some other offsite, “cloud” data storage/backup services, like Google Drive/Photos, BOX, DropBox, Amazon Cloud Drive, Flickr ( for photos/images ), etc.

Then restore that iPad from your daughter's iPhone backup.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2021 7:47 PM in response to lorrie214

Worse case scenario.

You will need to start by backing up your daughter's iPhone to either Apple's iCloud ( you may need to pay for additional, monthly storage space ) or by connecting your iDevice to a computer running the latest iTunes or, if a newer Mac with a much newer macOS, use the macOS Finder to do the device backup and/or some other offsite, “cloud” data storage/backup services, like Google Drive/Photos, BOX, DropBox, Amazon Cloud Drive, Flickr ( for photos/images ), etc.

Then restore that iPad from your daughter's iPhone backup.

Jan 4, 2021 4:16 PM in response to lorrie214

Don't worry about how another owner will use and setup this iPad, if yoy plan on giving this iPad away or selling it.

If they have any backups of their iOS devices they can transfer the backups to this iPad,

Here is what YOU need to do to prep that iPad.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

As far as apps go, if the apps are recent and NOT too old, the new owners can easily get their own apps from the iOS App Store to download and install, themselves.

After I erase my iPad and give it to someone else, can they download from their iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.