Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Giving my iPad to another - deleted iPad from “find my…” app. They still can’t get in say I need to put my Apple ID info in. Should I??

How to get new owner to operate iPad with their own Apple ID

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 6:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2021 9:16 AM

Use the following instructions from How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Unlock on the web

To remove Activation Lock from a device that's not in your possession, follow the steps below. If you purchased a device that's protected by Activation Lock, ask the previous owner to follow these steps. 

1. From a web browser, sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased. 
  6. Click Remove from Account.

To begin the setup process, restart the device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2021 9:16 AM in response to Vivianne7

Use the following instructions from How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

Unlock on the web

To remove Activation Lock from a device that's not in your possession, follow the steps below. If you purchased a device that's protected by Activation Lock, ask the previous owner to follow these steps. 

1. From a web browser, sign in to iCloud.com with your Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. Click Erase [device]. Select Next until the device is erased. 
  6. Click Remove from Account.

To begin the setup process, restart the device.

Sep 13, 2021 10:16 AM in response to Vivianne7

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Refer to the above document for a list of things you should do to prepare to give the iPad to another user. It includes information about removing any personal features. This includes things you can do remotely if you forgot to do them before giving away the device.

Giving my iPad to another - deleted iPad from “find my…” app. They still can’t get in say I need to put my Apple ID info in. Should I??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.