Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second Problem LOGIC BOARD MacBook 12’ early 2015 A1534

Hello, I bought my MacBook mid-April 2016 and in September 2018 I had the first problem I was plugging it into and simply black screen. I called Apple, we tried some procedures, and nothing, then I referred for assistance, who reported that the solution to the problem was to change the LOGIC BOARD (around 3,000.00), there was no reason I wanted to try to recover my files, since I didn't had no backup. In mid-April 2020, without being able to recover my files, I decided to replace the LOGIC BOARD, which I did for Apple with the value of (3,649.92), a 90-day guarantee that I think very little considering it is a new part. And then the second problem on 12/30/2020, just 7 months after the replacement. I had upgraded to OS Big Sur (bullshit I did) and started with a reset loop being possible only with the SHIFT key where it enters safe mode. I called Apple where we did all possible procedures to the point of taking it to an authorized store, in which I chose the store's Apple support application (Cpcom in Florianópolis SC), it was closer to my location. I took it on 12/31/2020 where I arrived with OS Calina and in safe mode I showed the error report, they made a Diagnosis by the MacBook itself having only a failed battery that does not need to be changed, but the restart loop still persisted. After assessing the assistance generated on 02/01/2021, it was reported that the LOGIC BOARD must be changed again and if the battery was also to be replaced (not necessary), this value in sight (3,900.00) only the plate. 04/01/2021 I went to pick up my MacBook after failing the repair but my MacBook didn't even care anymore, assistance told me that they had done more in-depth tests and that they had found problems with the board but that were not visible and that it could have got worse by telling me that I you could leave it in the charger and do the OPTION + CRTL + R + P procedure that you might be able to initialize. No longer turns on the MacBook. I await a solution from Apple since it is only 7 months after its repair and again presented problems, this time I was able to recover my data because even in safe mode I managed to save them. Dissatisfied with this product, I hope they won't let me down in 2018. Apple case ID: 101282229553

MacBook, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 11:22 AM

Today, Apple’s Support contacted me in response to the call I made yesterday, stating that it will promote the replacement of the logic board at no cost. I am surprised and very happy with Apple's support in solving my problem.

Similar questions

1 reply

Second Problem LOGIC BOARD MacBook 12’ early 2015 A1534

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.