Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Choppy footage

As soon as I import my videos, they become choppy. Ive waited for it to be done rendering, I’ve tried reinstalling the software, but everything seems to not work. Is there anything else I can do?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 9:39 AM

What's the project frame rate? 120fps is high frame rate designed for making slomo. If that's what you want to do use the automatic speed function in the retiming popup menu. High frame rate means high shutter speed. Playing at normal speed any motion will look choppy because there is no motion blur in the frame. Looks good in slomo, not so much at normal speed.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 9:39 AM in response to Mikezampine

What's the project frame rate? 120fps is high frame rate designed for making slomo. If that's what you want to do use the automatic speed function in the retiming popup menu. High frame rate means high shutter speed. Playing at normal speed any motion will look choppy because there is no motion blur in the frame. Looks good in slomo, not so much at normal speed.

Jan 5, 2021 8:37 AM in response to Mikezampine

There is no such thing as MacBook Air Pro... there are many different MacBook Air and MacBook Pro models...

Click the Apple menu, and choose About this Mac to see exactly which model - like "MacBook Pro (13", early 2013)" or something like that.

Open one such media file in Quicktime Player, press Command-I, twirl open all the sections, and post a screenshot.

Also: do the project settings match the clip settings - frame size, and frame rate?

Where are the media files, and how full are the drives containing your media and your OS?

Choppy footage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.