Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the phone have a lock of SIM?

I bought 12pro on the official apple website.

Can I use any kinds SIM on my iPhone?

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 10:39 AM

6 replies

Jan 5, 2021 10:49 AM in response to 芳林

Only Nano SIM.

If you forgot or don't know your SIM PIN

Never try to guess a SIM PIN or PUK code.* The wrong guess can permanently lock your SIM card, and then you would need a new SIM card. If your device asks for a PIN or code that you don't know, here's what to do:

1. Contact the carrier that gave you the SIM card. If you aren't sure which carrier to call, remove the SIM card and check the card for the carrier's name or logo.
  2. Ask your carrier to help you unlock your SIM card using the default SIM PIN or PUK code. 
  3. If you can't unlock your SIM card using the SIM PIN or PUK code or if an alert says, "PUK exhausted," ask for a new SIM card.

*If you enter the wrong SIM PIN too many times, your wireless carrier might be able to give you a Personal Unlocking Key (PUK).

Jan 5, 2021 11:10 AM in response to 芳林

Depends. Most iPhones I’ve seen on Apple Stores outside the USA are carrier-free and can be used with any compatible* carrier. Almost all iPhones in USA stores come carrier-locked and only until the carrier releases them can it be used with another. Check the receipt and sales documentation on yours to determine if it is carrier-free.

*Compatibility? Different countries allocate the spectrum in different ways so cellphones from Country A might not be able to work in Country B.

Does the phone have a lock of SIM?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.