You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe reader

Is there any alternative to Adobe reader, as its becoming a pain with constantly having to put in a password even though they give you a code on the phone.

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 3:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 3:31 PM

The built-in Mac Preview app is a good alternative in most cases.

If your Mac is currently set to automatically open Adobe Reader, open a Finder window, select (highlight) any PDF file and then press command I (or use Finder File menu Get Info) and in the Open With section of the Information window change the application to Preview and then click Change All.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 5, 2021 3:31 PM in response to davenev

The built-in Mac Preview app is a good alternative in most cases.

If your Mac is currently set to automatically open Adobe Reader, open a Finder window, select (highlight) any PDF file and then press command I (or use Finder File menu Get Info) and in the Open With section of the Information window change the application to Preview and then click Change All.

Jan 5, 2021 3:49 PM in response to davenev

Are you opening the document on your mac or your phone?

I had a similar problem on my mac. Delete adobe reader. ... should now use preview, I'd think. ... two weeks later, I

Re-installed. Should not have to wait two weeks. I assume I updated to the lastet version.

fyi: adobe had a bug in the mac version. I ran across about a month ago. Adobe got confused thinking the document was password protected. whatever, it was asking me for a password. Said I had to sign up for an adobe account which I didn't do.

R

PS. Thanks for the helpful

Adobe reader

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.