Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MENU OPEN FILE too small since Big Sur!

When using the MENU OPEN FILE with my apps (mostly Adobe Illustrator), the open window is really small since I've installed Big Sur.

I'm able to enlarge the window but still, I have to do it every time I'm opening a document. Bif Sur do not keep the dimension assignment. Any idea about what to do?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 3:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 4:22 PM

Adobe is using the Apple AppKit library to generate those NSOpenPanel and NSSavePanel class windows that look like Finder windows, but are really not. Apple has had alot of feedback about this goof in the default size and interoperability of these windows, not just from this community, but I expect Adobe and other vendors too.

Because Finder is not controlling these panels, there is no memory to remember your manual sizing of them. It will take a future update of macOS Big Sur for Apple to fix this. Nothing you can do that you are not already doing as a user.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 4:22 PM in response to tangoz63

Adobe is using the Apple AppKit library to generate those NSOpenPanel and NSSavePanel class windows that look like Finder windows, but are really not. Apple has had alot of feedback about this goof in the default size and interoperability of these windows, not just from this community, but I expect Adobe and other vendors too.

Because Finder is not controlling these panels, there is no memory to remember your manual sizing of them. It will take a future update of macOS Big Sur for Apple to fix this. Nothing you can do that you are not already doing as a user.

MENU OPEN FILE too small since Big Sur!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.