Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Toggle Greyscale/colour filters On and off WITHOUT Coding in Catalina?

Hey all!

this isn't so much a question as a tip I wanted to share as I didn't find this particular answer when I googled around. What i did find were some helpful pages for coding the command in, but I really don't have that knowhow and spent half an hour trying and failing to implement it.

If you want an easy solution to toggle greyscale on and off (and you don't need any other accessibility options easily togglable) in Catalina simply:

1. Open system preferences
  2. go to Accessibility - Display - Colour Filters
  3. Toggle on "Enable Colour Filters" (and select whatever filter you require)
  4. Scroll down to Shortcut in the Accessibility menu
  5. click off every option on the page except colour filters.

What this will do is stop the keyboard shortcut from showing a menu of options, but rather just toggle the one option you've kept selected on and off.

and now you're done!

The accessibility short cut will just toggle the filter on and off as required.

NOW. What I also did was make the accessibility shortcut "Command G" on the keyboard so it was easier to remember.

if you don't already know, you can change and enable keyboard shortcuts in system preferences

2. go to Keyboard - Shortcuts - Accessibility
  3. Scroll down to "Show Accessibility Controls"
  4. Double click the key command and type in whatever your preference keyboard shortcut is.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 6:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 6:32 PM

(Copy pasting the answer detailed above here so search engines see it's solved)

If you want an easy solution to toggle greyscale on and off (and you don't need any other accessibility options easily togglable) in Catalina simply:

What this will do is stop the keyboard shortcut from showing a menu of options, but rather just toggle the one option you've kept selected on and off.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2021 6:32 PM in response to B-Keeney

(Copy pasting the answer detailed above here so search engines see it's solved)

How to Toggle Greyscale/colour filters On and off WITHOUT Coding in Catalina?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.