Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad won't stay connected to wifi.

My iPad Pro and new iPad Air 4th Generation (just purchased) will not stay connected to the WiFi. It seems to very briefly connect, then stops. The WiFi icon does not appear. The VPN tries to connect, unsuccessfully. I thought a new iPad would work, but it does not. I have other IPads that do connect with no problems. I have even erased all data from this new iPad Air, and then restored from the working iPad Mini but it still will not connect continuously.

I have unplugged and plugged back in the router, but that didn’t fix it. I have an Xfinity router.

Should I go back to a factory reset?

iPad Air Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 11:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 2:31 AM

Your VPN connection will fail unless your network (WiFi) connection is operating correctly. Sometimes, your VPN profile/App can interfere with basic network connectivity (the technical explanation for this is likely beyond useful to you) - suffice to say that your iPad network settings need to be fixed.

First, remove the VPN App from the iPad - and the remove any remaining VPN profiles from iPad Settings:

Settings > VPN

Next, you’ll need to reset the iPad network settings:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Your iPad will restart and you will need to rejoin your WiFi network - requiring your WiFi password. When your WiFi connectivity is stable/reliable, then and only then should you consider reinstallation of any VPN Apps or VPN profiles.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 2:31 AM in response to joan912

Your VPN connection will fail unless your network (WiFi) connection is operating correctly. Sometimes, your VPN profile/App can interfere with basic network connectivity (the technical explanation for this is likely beyond useful to you) - suffice to say that your iPad network settings need to be fixed.

First, remove the VPN App from the iPad - and the remove any remaining VPN profiles from iPad Settings:

Settings > VPN

Next, you’ll need to reset the iPad network settings:

Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings

Your iPad will restart and you will need to rejoin your WiFi network - requiring your WiFi password. When your WiFi connectivity is stable/reliable, then and only then should you consider reinstallation of any VPN Apps or VPN profiles.

My iPad won't stay connected to wifi.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.