Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Subscription

I receive an email to say you cannot collect money for my iCloud account. My new phone has sufficient storage so I no longer need to pay for extra storage,

what will happen to any information I already have in the cloud? Will I be able to access it without an ongoing iCloud account?

I have a iPhone and an iPad

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 3:15 PM

bruidette wrote:

I receive an email to say you cannot collect money for my iCloud account. My new phone has sufficient storage so I no longer need to pay for extra storage,

Was there an issue with your payment method?

what will happen to any information I already have in the cloud?

If you can no longer pay for your iCloud storage, then any stored data above the complimentary 5GB will be expunged. You will have a 30-day period to find a suitable repository for it.

Will I be able to access it without an ongoing iCloud account?

Without an Apple ID, the data would be inaccessible.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 3:15 PM in response to bruidette

bruidette wrote:

Was there an issue with your payment method?

what will happen to any information I already have in the cloud?

If you can no longer pay for your iCloud storage, then any stored data above the complimentary 5GB will be expunged. You will have a 30-day period to find a suitable repository for it.

Will I be able to access it without an ongoing iCloud account?

Without an Apple ID, the data would be inaccessible.

Subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.