Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari could not open the page (Google.com) because the server stopped responding - cellular network ONLY

My question / problem relates to the inability of Safari, and only Safari, to open the Google.com webpage on my iPhone SE - 2nd Generation (iOS 14.3) when attempting to do so using the Verizon Wireless cellular network. 1) Safari opens Google.com when my iPhone is connected to any Wi-Fi network. 2) Safari successfully connects to all other websites that I have tested so far (for example, Apple.com) when doing so using the Verizon Wireless cellular network. 3) I can open Google.com using other search engines (DuckDuckGo, for example) when doing so using the Verizon Wireless cellular network. 4) Attached screenshot displays a strong Verizon LTE signal strength. 5) I have performed several troubleshooting steps including a) rebooting iPhone, b) deleting and reinstalling Safari app, c) Clearing History and Website Data, d) Reset Network Settings, e) disabling Content Blockers, f) disabling "Block Pop-ups", g) disabling "Prevent Cross-Site Tracking", and h) verified that Carrier software is up-to-date.

Finally, I have reproduced the following . . . connect to my home Wi-Fi, successfully open Google.com, quit Safari, turn off Wi-Fi, launch Safari, successfully open Google.com using the Verizon Wireless cellular network. I am at a complete loss to even guess what is going on here. A Verizon Wireless problem? Google problem? Apple problem? I have called both Apple Verizon support.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 6:21 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Safari could not open the page (Google.com) because the server stopped responding - cellular network ONLY

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.