Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Icloud family sharing

Hello

I purchased a family icloud storage plan of 2TB recently and added my wife as part of family sharing. She already had an individual storage plan of 200 GB before. What happens to that individual plan now? How do i cancel that? After adding her to the family sharing, i cannot seem to find her existing plan. Any inpus will be appreciated. Thanks

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 7:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 9:47 AM

See information in Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support including the following:

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud storage plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 9:47 AM in response to Ramanathanz

See information in Share an iCloud storage plan with your family - Apple Support including the following:

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud storage plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

Icloud family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.