Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS texts not being received on new MacBook Air

I have my new MacBook Air set up to receive messages from all my phone numbers and email addresses. However, some messages, like 'verification code' SMS texts from other apps do not deliver to my MacBook, only my phone. This worked fine for a very long time on my MacBook Pro and I don't see that any of my new settings are different. So I am not sure why these texts no longer get sent to my laptop.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 2:28 PM

Hi IheartSanDiego,

We see your forwarded messages currently aren't sending to your MacBook. Does this only happen with verification code texts, or are you seeing this with all SMS messaging to the MacBook? You can also turn the message forwarding off and back on to see if the behavior persists. How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2021 2:28 PM in response to IheartSanDiego

Hi IheartSanDiego,

We see your forwarded messages currently aren't sending to your MacBook. Does this only happen with verification code texts, or are you seeing this with all SMS messaging to the MacBook? You can also turn the message forwarding off and back on to see if the behavior persists. How to forward SMS/MMS text messages from your iPhone to your iPad, iPod touch or Mac

Take care!

Jan 8, 2021 2:51 PM in response to Eric--F

Ah thank you so much! So I had no idea that message forwarding was a thing. It was NOT turned on, on my iPhone, so I just turned it on now. I wonder if it got turned off recently as I am remembering that I couldn't send messages to a friend with an Android the last couple of days I had my MacBook Pro.

I hadn't sent or received any SMS texts to/from non-iPhone friends since getting my new laptop and so I was thinking it was just an issue with SMS verification code texts. But I just did a test and the text came through beautifully on my laptop as well as phone. Thank you again so much for your assistance!

SMS texts not being received on new MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.