Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have two printers connected to my Mac Book Pro and after a recent update I am no longer able to print from my HP 1200. suggestions?

I have two printers connected to my Mac Book Pro and after a recent update I am no longer able to print from my HP 1200. I receive the following message when I try to print: "hp PostProcessing bundle" will damage your computer.

What do I need to do to be able to print from my HP 1200 printer?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 11:14 AM

HP de-authorized a whole raft of its Printer Drivers, and they need to be replaced.

You will need to delete your existing print Queues (they will never work anyway) that use the de-authorized Drivers. HP suggests you then need to UN-Install these drivers using its Un-Installer app, described in the HP article cited below.

At that point, trying to create a new Printer in the Add-A-Printer dialog is intended to have MacOS download and install the correct drivers. Sometimes this does not work, and manual download of drivers is required.

HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06960563

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 11:14 AM in response to 08-07-2001

HP de-authorized a whole raft of its Printer Drivers, and they need to be replaced.

You will need to delete your existing print Queues (they will never work anyway) that use the de-authorized Drivers. HP suggests you then need to UN-Install these drivers using its Un-Installer app, described in the HP article cited below.

At that point, trying to create a new Printer in the Add-A-Printer dialog is intended to have MacOS download and install the correct drivers. Sometimes this does not work, and manual download of drivers is required.

HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06960563

I have two printers connected to my Mac Book Pro and after a recent update I am no longer able to print from my HP 1200. suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.