Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pass codes

how can i remove the passcode from a iphone 6, my 93 year old grandfather has a iphone last week over the holidays he lost his phone, So I logged into his Icloud account and listed the phone as lost with the message to call me. He found that he left the phone at his dr office so I showed it as found and it opened back up fine...except now it has a passcode and its infuriating him to no end. Please can anyone give me simple straightforward directions to remove this passcode from his phone.

thank you!

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 1:05 PM

ISteph2 Said:

"pass codes: how can i remove the passcode from a iphone 6, my 93 year old grandfather has a iphone last week over the holidays he lost his phone, So I logged into his Icloud account and listed the phone as lost with the message to call me. He found that he left the phone at his dr office so I showed it as found and it opened back up fine...except now it has a passcode and its infuriating him to no end. Please can anyone give me simple straightforward directions to remove this passcode from his phone. thank you!"

-------

Go Here: Use a Passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

On an iPhone 6:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Touch ID & Passcode
  3. Enter: [the passcode]
  4. Tap: Turn Passcode Off
  5. If Agreed: Tap: Turn Off

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 1:05 PM in response to ISteph2

ISteph2 Said:

"pass codes: how can i remove the passcode from a iphone 6, my 93 year old grandfather has a iphone last week over the holidays he lost his phone, So I logged into his Icloud account and listed the phone as lost with the message to call me. He found that he left the phone at his dr office so I showed it as found and it opened back up fine...except now it has a passcode and its infuriating him to no end. Please can anyone give me simple straightforward directions to remove this passcode from his phone. thank you!"

-------

Go Here: Use a Passcode with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

On an iPhone 6:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: Touch ID & Passcode
  3. Enter: [the passcode]
  4. Tap: Turn Passcode Off
  5. If Agreed: Tap: Turn Off

pass codes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.