Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad needs passcode after update - never sent one

My elderly Mum relays on her iPad. I bought it for her and set it up. I turned passcode off and have never set one up for her. It seems that it must have updated recently and now it’s asking for a passcode. We have tried 0000 and 000000. Neither worked. We tried 1234 and 123456. Neither worked. I’ve tried her birthday in all the variations and that hasn’t worked. It’s now locking me out for an hour after each try. We don’t back it up to a computer (she doesn’t have a computer) and I really don’t want to lose all the data on there (thousands of family photos not to mention banking login stuff that took ages to set up). Can anyone help?

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2022 11:38 AM

StevieClem wrote:

My elderly Mum relays on her iPad. I bought it for her and set it up. I turned passcode off and have never set one up for her. It seems that it must have updated recently and now it’s asking for a passcode. We have tried 0000 and 000000. Neither worked. We tried 1234 and 123456. Neither worked. I’ve tried her birthday in all the variations and that hasn’t worked. It’s now locking me out for an hour after each try. We don’t back it up to a computer (she doesn’t have a computer) and I really don’t want to lose all the data on there (thousands of family photos not to mention banking login stuff that took ages to set up). Can anyone help?

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2022 11:38 AM in response to StevieClem

StevieClem wrote:

How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

iPad needs passcode after update - never sent one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.