Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iwatch is paired with my phone so are my ear pods. when i leave for a run the connection drops. From reading another question im thinking its over Spotify not working on the watch without the phone

My iwatch is paired to my phone and so are the ear pods. When I leave the house and phone at home for a run Spotify doesn’t work , am I right in thinking Spotify won’t work unless the phone is near. Once they are all connected through Bluetooth and I listen to a radio app should this work once all are connected through Bluetooth. My watch was asking me to listen on phone or watch when I was trying it with Spotify. It’s a new watch , iwatch 6 and my first time having one so I’m a novice 😀

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 8:00 AM

Hello Caroleor and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty playing music via Spotify on your Apple Watch.

Play music on Apple Watch

You can play music that has been downloaded to the device when you are away from the paired iPhone. You can also stream music, but only via the Apple Music service.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2021 8:00 AM in response to Caroleor

Hello Caroleor and welcome to Apple Support Communities. It appears you are having some difficulty playing music via Spotify on your Apple Watch.

Play music on Apple Watch

You can play music that has been downloaded to the device when you are away from the paired iPhone. You can also stream music, but only via the Apple Music service.

Cheers.

my iwatch is paired with my phone so are my ear pods. when i leave for a run the connection drops. From reading another question im thinking its over Spotify not working on the watch without the phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.