Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with MacBook Pro waking up on 11.1

Hi,

recently I’ve been having quite a few problems with my MbP (a1708). I’ve noticed that since updating to 11.1, once in every couple of times my mac has some difficulty waking up to this extent that only sliding my hand along keyboard helps. I thought that maybe it had been fixed in 11.2 beta so i updated, but it actually made it worse and i was not able to wake my mac whatsoever, only using an external display would work. So ive reverted back to an older version and im facing the same issues again. Maybe somebody has a way to fix this? Or is it just i bug and i can just hope that apple will fix it in a future update?

Cheers,

vct4.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 10:03 AM

Listen up, i found a solution and it ****** me off. I’ve tried everything and i mean everything. Smc, nvram resets, clean installs etc. The only way to fix this glitch, is to downgrade to stock software using recovery and then make your way up with updates back to big sur. So far it works well and i hope it will continue to do so.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2021 10:03 AM in response to mario49

Listen up, i found a solution and it ****** me off. I’ve tried everything and i mean everything. Smc, nvram resets, clean installs etc. The only way to fix this glitch, is to downgrade to stock software using recovery and then make your way up with updates back to big sur. So far it works well and i hope it will continue to do so.

Problems with MacBook Pro waking up on 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.