Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Different Apple ID on Apple Watch?

I actually use my Apple ID on my wife’s phone. Not ideal, but we like to have both our phone’s pictures go to the same iCloud album (mostly kids pictures) and apple’s family sharing leave a lot to be desired.

it mostly worked ok, until I also got her an Apple watch recently and we are both working out. Now her Apple Watch is also syncing with my Apple ID and messing up with our activity data / ring.

basically her work out is also added to my workout profile.

how can I work around this ? Ability to consolidate our photo album yet keep up activity on watch separate?

thanks

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 8:27 PM

You can't.

Sharing Apple ID is not supported and asking for trouble.

Read here => Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

iMessage will be mingled, you cannot FaceTime each other, and... the list goes on and on.

Apple iD is meant to be use by one person and can be used on many other Apple devices s/he owns.

If you want to share pictures without sharing Apple ID, read this => How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2021 8:27 PM in response to Boxtata

You can't.

Sharing Apple ID is not supported and asking for trouble.

Read here => Manage and use your Apple ID - Apple Support

iMessage will be mingled, you cannot FaceTime each other, and... the list goes on and on.

Apple iD is meant to be use by one person and can be used on many other Apple devices s/he owns.

If you want to share pictures without sharing Apple ID, read this => How to share albums in Photos on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac - Apple Support

Different Apple ID on Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.