Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not access mail after several months of operating with Big Sur

We are having an issue where the mail app opens in Big Sur but we cannot get the mail list window to open and thus cannot access mail. What is the solution to this issue?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 9:18 PM

2 replies

Jan 7, 2021 11:08 AM in response to SpenbSSSS

Clarification

The mail menu shows inb the upper left corner i go to File do a pull down and select New Viewer Window, Nothing happens cn not get a viewer window. Running Big Sur version 11.1 and Mail 14.0.

In the process of getting the version numbers the mail app did and unexpected quit. Wh ne i go it reopened check a couple other things. under the mail windows pull down found no mail box selected. Went to accounts. my wife's mail account was not showing up. I was able to select her mail provider which start to have me setup her account in the process go a window that let me select her existing account and then was able to get a viewer. Not sure how things got corrupted but looks like I have ist working again.

Can not access mail after several months of operating with Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.