Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Product enhancement suggestion: Facetime on AppleTV with external Webcam?

In face of the pandemic that is forcing many people to be at home or work from home, Families and employees could benefit from enabling FaceTime over AppleTV as well as having a Webcam attached so to cater for larger group front of the TV medium.

AppleTV is already well equipped to cater for technological advancements. The AppleTV has a USB Port through which a webcam could be attached. Currently the USB port is only used for Servicing the device, I understand. Further the AppleTV Remote could be used as microphone that can be passed onto the speakers to give a better and closer sound source to the speaker, compared to the microphone on the webcam further away i.e. on top of the TV.

I, and I also think other users, could welcome this feature to be added to the AppleTV Dev and Product Backlog.

Apple TV

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 3:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 4:02 AM

Apple asks that you give them suggestions, comments, and other product feedback through the feedback forms: Feedback - Apple TV - Apple

1 reply

Product enhancement suggestion: Facetime on AppleTV with external Webcam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.