Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod won't play music - "there is nothing in your music library"

I have a new HomePod that I set up a few days ago. I don't have an Apple Music subscription but do have purchased music. Initially the HomePod would play this when I asked "Play music from my library". Now I get the reply "there is nothing in your music library"

Initially I think I had the HomePod not recognising my voice but changed it when prompted today. I have changed it back using the home app and am still getting the problem.

Any ideas?

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 7:39 AM

5 replies

Jan 7, 2021 4:10 PM in response to turingtest2

I am sorry, I mistyped. Airplay does work, I can play from my phone with no problems.

I tried your suggestion to sign out of my account and back in again. It did not change anything, I still get the "there is nothing in your music library".

To be clear is "Hey Siri, Play Music from My Library" the correct command to play from my iTunes purchases?

Thanks for you continued help.

HomePod won't play music - "there is nothing in your music library"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.