Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur Viewing Fonts

After downloading Big Sur and using the Mail app, I am finding that the default viewing font for the app is both too small and requiring bolder lettering to make it more easily readable. I know you can change the font of the messages, but I need help increasing the font of the left side bar. As well, it would be great if the upper tool bar icons could be bigger and bolder too.

Thank you.

iMac Pro

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 9:46 AM

I've not found a way to increase the size of Mail's sidebar font. Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added to the system via Feedback - macOS - Apple.  

However, I have found that using Dark Mode with white text against black is easier for me to read. That and Reducing transparency and Increasing Contrast in the System/Accessibility/Display/Display preference pane does help me considerably.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2021 9:46 AM in response to bugoney

I've not found a way to increase the size of Mail's sidebar font. Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added to the system via Feedback - macOS - Apple.  

However, I have found that using Dark Mode with white text against black is easier for me to read. That and Reducing transparency and Increasing Contrast in the System/Accessibility/Display/Display preference pane does help me considerably.

Big Sur Viewing Fonts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.