Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does changing apple ID details update people who have you in their contacts?

Hi - so, I need to change my apple ID so that some people who know it can't contact me anymore. Yes they are already blocked eight ways to Sunday, but that's not enough because they know my email and phone number and so can contact me from other accounts.

I've changed my number and made a new email, but when I change my apple ID, imessage, facetime etc, will people who have my existing apple ID in their contacts be notified/updated with my new details?

In other words, if I change my number and contact info, do other people, particularly apple users, who have my details saved need to get my NEW details to contact me? When I got a new phone and changed my number previously, it seemed to notify everyone who had my apple ID in their contacts that I'd changed my number. Obviously, that defeats the point here, since I'm only changing it so that someone doesn't have my new number.

thanks!

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 9:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 9:46 AM

As far as I know, that change doesn't automatically sync to their contacts. They will need to get your new details to contact you.

1 reply

Does changing apple ID details update people who have you in their contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.