Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro 10.5.1 won't work on macOS Mojave/10.14.6.

Help, after trying to open the Final Cut Pro App 10.5.1 I get the following error window:

"You can't use this version of the application "Final Cut Pro" with this version of macOS. You have macOS 10.14.6. The application requires macOS 10.15.6 or later."

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 9:43 AM

Similar questions

13 replies

Jan 7, 2021 10:01 AM in response to phonkist

Is this the trial or the paid version?

There is no longer a trial for a version that runs in Mojave.

If you bought the application, login to the App Store on the Mojave running Mac, click on your account at the bottom left and Final Cut Pro will appear among your purchases. Click Download. You should be warned that the current version is not compatible, and offered the choice to get the most recent version that is.

Jan 7, 2021 10:31 AM in response to phonkist

The Wikipedia page is incorrect. There may be an explanation for it.

For a little while (less than a day, I believe), the incorrect information appeared in the App Store, right after 10.5 was released.

I saw it and even commented here as surprising.

The error was fixed in the App Store and the release notes soon after.

AFAICT for 10.5.1 there was never any mention of support for Mojave.

Jan 7, 2021 12:17 PM in response to phonkist

You wrote

" If it's not too much trouble could you tell me the latest version that IS compatible with macOS 10.14.6? "

If you follow the instructions above from Luis you will get the latest version that is compatible for 10.14.6 .

Luis said

" If you bought the application, login to the App Store on the Mojave running Mac, click on your account at the bottom left and Final Cut Pro will appear among your purchases. Click Download. You should be warned that the current version is not compatible, and offered the choice to get the most recent version that is. "

Final Cut Pro 10.5.1 won't work on macOS Mojave/10.14.6.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.