Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hidden Album in Photos

I have OS10.15.7 Cataline

I have Photos 5.0 (161.0.120)

I have a Hidden Album with 147 photos in it.

I made the album in an earlier version of Photos and added the photos over a few versions.

Today, I want a couple of photos and it seems to be impossible,

I can't drag and drop

Right button and "add to" doesn't include Hidden in the albums list.

ALL of the help online (including Apple Support) says click the share button and then choose "Hide"

"Hide" is NOT THERE.

Apple is beginning to really infuriate me and here is another classic stupidity.

Does anyone know how to hide a photo or has Apple lost the plot?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 10:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 11:35 AM

See the User Guide: Browse and view photos in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

When you want to hide a photo in Photos 5 on Catalina, select the Photo and go to the "Image" menu.

1. Select the photo or photos, choose Image > Hide [number] Photos, then click Hide Photos.
  2. The selected photos disappear from view but are not deleted.

To show hidden photos, choose View > Show Hidden Photo Album. The Hidden album appears in the sidebar. To unhide photos in it, select them, then choose Image > Unhide [number] Photos.

To work with hidden photos, you have to hide them.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2021 11:35 AM in response to BrianfromStamford

See the User Guide: Browse and view photos in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

When you want to hide a photo in Photos 5 on Catalina, select the Photo and go to the "Image" menu.

1. Select the photo or photos, choose Image > Hide [number] Photos, then click Hide Photos.
  2. The selected photos disappear from view but are not deleted.

To show hidden photos, choose View > Show Hidden Photo Album. The Hidden album appears in the sidebar. To unhide photos in it, select them, then choose Image > Unhide [number] Photos.

To work with hidden photos, you have to hide them.

Jan 7, 2021 3:14 PM in response to léonie

Léonie, you are an absolute star !

Thank you so much.

It works :-)

I can't tell you how grateful I am. These things are incredibly frustrating. It's not as if the photos are confidential, just dental images which you don't want in amongst your photo collection but do want to keep.

Even Apple's support pages were wrong (I presume they changed something) but you were great.

Many thanks,

Brian

Hidden Album in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.