Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos smart album no longer on iMac

I have smart albums I have created that show on my iPad and my iPhone but have disappeared from my iMac. What’s happening with THAT?

Posted on Nov 29, 2022 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2022 5:59 AM

Are you asking about Shared Albums, not Smart albums?

Or have the smart albums been synced manually from your Mac to your iPhone and iPad and are now appearing in the "From my Mac" section of the list of albums?

Synced albums will remain on the mobile devices, even if you delete them from your Mac, until you sync again. Then they will be replaced by the albums you select for the next sync. If the photos in the albums on your iPhone and iPad are now the only copies you have, and they are in synced albums in "From my Mac", do not sync again or enable iCloud Photos, until you have saved the photos, or you will lose these photos.

To save them in the Photos Library on the iPhone or iPad duplicate the photos. The duplicates will be saved to the Camera Roll and can be downloaded again from the device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2022 5:59 AM in response to thoughtful5

Are you asking about Shared Albums, not Smart albums?

Or have the smart albums been synced manually from your Mac to your iPhone and iPad and are now appearing in the "From my Mac" section of the list of albums?

Synced albums will remain on the mobile devices, even if you delete them from your Mac, until you sync again. Then they will be replaced by the albums you select for the next sync. If the photos in the albums on your iPhone and iPad are now the only copies you have, and they are in synced albums in "From my Mac", do not sync again or enable iCloud Photos, until you have saved the photos, or you will lose these photos.

To save them in the Photos Library on the iPhone or iPad duplicate the photos. The duplicates will be saved to the Camera Roll and can be downloaded again from the device.

Photos smart album no longer on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.