Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail Notifications

My iphone X does not require data to be turned on to receive notifications of voicemails. My husband and I just tested this, one minute ago.

Yet my husband's old iphone 6 and his new iphone 11 both did/do. This seemed to have started with the implementation of Visual Voicemail.

1/ Is it possible to turn off Visual Voicemail and just revert to old fashioned voicemail that only gives an audio?

2/ Why are only select models working this way? We have Xfinity Mobile for our carrier.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 11:49 AM

LizzieSirius wrote:

My iphone X does not require data to be turned on to receive notifications of voicemails. My husband and I just tested this, one minute ago.
Yet my husband's old iphone 6 and his new iphone 11 both did/do. This seemed to have started with the implementation of Visual Voicemail.
1/ Is it possible to turn off Visual Voicemail and just revert to old fashioned voicemail that only gives an audio?
2/ Why are only select models working this way? We have Xfinity Mobile for our carrier.

You'll need to call Xfinity Mobile.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2021 11:49 AM in response to LizzieSirius

LizzieSirius wrote:

You'll need to call Xfinity Mobile.

Voicemail Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.