Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not being deleted on all devices

When I delete photos on my MacBook Pro (Catalina) they are not deleted on my iPhoneX even though I sync them regularly. I have the iCloud Photo Library turned on on both devices and I have plenty if iCloud storage.

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 2:21 PM

If you sync via itunes, you are probably stopping the iCloud sync from working in some way. The whole point of iCloud photos is to manage the syncing for you.

To be honest - I've no idea what the effect will be of syncing both via itunes and icloud between the same devices. Almost certainly though, not what you want.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2021 2:21 PM in response to loren120

If you sync via itunes, you are probably stopping the iCloud sync from working in some way. The whole point of iCloud photos is to manage the syncing for you.

To be honest - I've no idea what the effect will be of syncing both via itunes and icloud between the same devices. Almost certainly though, not what you want.

Photos not being deleted on all devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.