Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

“User Profile” in Apple Music Inaccessible

• I want to access my user profile to change my “For You” name, currently pulled from the family sharing billing credit card (NOT my account name for some reason)
  • I am a leader of a family sharing plan. This seems to cause issues.
  • clicking on the avatar in “listen Now” brings up a menu with no options to edit the profile nor avatar.
  • people keep suggesting this option (go to Listen now and tap on the avatar”), but it doesn’t actually offer any of the options they say should be there.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 4:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 1:44 PM

Hi Javbw,

It seems you're having trouble updating your Apple Music profile and we want to help.

From what you're seeing that might mean that you haven't actually set up a profile before.

On the screen you sent over, tap the option to "See What Friends Are Listening To" and follow the onscreen prompts to set up your profile.

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

Best of luck.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 1:44 PM in response to Javbw

Hi Javbw,

It seems you're having trouble updating your Apple Music profile and we want to help.

From what you're seeing that might mean that you haven't actually set up a profile before.

On the screen you sent over, tap the option to "See What Friends Are Listening To" and follow the onscreen prompts to set up your profile.

See what friends are listening to in Apple Music on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Android device

Best of luck.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

“User Profile” in Apple Music Inaccessible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.