Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone will not play sound or let me hear anybodys call and they can not hear me what should i do

my iphone will not let me hear any videos i take , and i can not hear anybody when they call me and they can not hear me , same thing with facetime , but i can hear videos i play outloud on anything else but my camrea and my bluetooth is turned off

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 9:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 9:35 PM

Hi juliapainter09,

The first thing you can try is changing the position of your Silent switch. Move the switch located on the left of your iPhone so that the orange isn't showing.

If you still have trouble I recommend removing screen protectors or cases from your iPhone. Then check the speaker's opening to see if it is blocked or dirty, this includes the earpiece at the top of your device. If need be, clean the speaker or earpiece with a small and soft brush. ensure the brush is clean and dry

If the issue persists, you may have to check the sound settings on your device. Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and then drag the Riner and Alerts slider back and forth a few times. If you still cannot hear anything your iPhone may need servicing

For more information on this subject please go to:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch speaker – Apple Support

I hope this helped, feel free to reply if you need anything further.

Jett

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2021 9:35 PM in response to juliapainter09

Hi juliapainter09,

The first thing you can try is changing the position of your Silent switch. Move the switch located on the left of your iPhone so that the orange isn't showing.

If you still have trouble I recommend removing screen protectors or cases from your iPhone. Then check the speaker's opening to see if it is blocked or dirty, this includes the earpiece at the top of your device. If need be, clean the speaker or earpiece with a small and soft brush. ensure the brush is clean and dry

If the issue persists, you may have to check the sound settings on your device. Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics and then drag the Riner and Alerts slider back and forth a few times. If you still cannot hear anything your iPhone may need servicing

For more information on this subject please go to:

If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch speaker – Apple Support

I hope this helped, feel free to reply if you need anything further.

Jett

my iphone will not play sound or let me hear anybodys call and they can not hear me what should i do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.