Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iphone xr and when i put my phone on speaker to talk to someone, I can hear them but they can't hear me. Same with when I am on facetime or IM the person can not hear me but I can hear them. how do I fix this problem?

I have an iphone 11 xr and when i put my phone on speaker to talk to someone, I can hear them but they can't hear me. Same with when I am on facetime or IM the person can not hear me but I can hear them. how do I fix this problem?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 12:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 1:10 PM

Hi!

Thanks for reaching Apple Support Communities! I am glad to assist you today!

From what you explained up there, it may be a hardware issue with your microphone. To check that, try talking to Siri. Does Siri hear you? That means there is a problem with the software, just wait for the next update. If Siri does not hear you, visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to repair your microphone. You can also do that with Voice Memos.

More info and troubleshooting here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203792

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2021 1:10 PM in response to farheen130

Hi!

Thanks for reaching Apple Support Communities! I am glad to assist you today!

From what you explained up there, it may be a hardware issue with your microphone. To check that, try talking to Siri. Does Siri hear you? That means there is a problem with the software, just wait for the next update. If Siri does not hear you, visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to repair your microphone. You can also do that with Voice Memos.

More info and troubleshooting here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203792

Have a great day!

I have an iphone xr and when i put my phone on speaker to talk to someone, I can hear them but they can't hear me. Same with when I am on facetime or IM the person can not hear me but I can hear them. how do I fix this problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.