Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad applecare

Hi, would like to know if it is possible to purchase applecare before I purchase my ipad (because someone is selling their unused apple care at a cheaper price) then activate it after I got my ipad?

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 7:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 2:27 AM

Correct. You cannot purchase AppleCare+ prior to purchasing a brand-new device.

You can only purchase AppleCare+ from Apple. If you purchase the device directly from Apple (either from the physical or online Apple Stores), you can add the cost of AppleCare+ at the time of purchase.

If you purchase from an Apple Authorised reseller, you can purchase AppleCare+ from the device itself, if it qualifies, after it is initially switched-on and activated.

For qualifying devices, AppleCare+ can be purchased up to 60-days after purchase of a qualifying device.

Devices purchased from other sources may not qualify for AppleCare+ coverage.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2021 2:27 AM in response to applenoob0987

Correct. You cannot purchase AppleCare+ prior to purchasing a brand-new device.

You can only purchase AppleCare+ from Apple. If you purchase the device directly from Apple (either from the physical or online Apple Stores), you can add the cost of AppleCare+ at the time of purchase.

If you purchase from an Apple Authorised reseller, you can purchase AppleCare+ from the device itself, if it qualifies, after it is initially switched-on and activated.

For qualifying devices, AppleCare+ can be purchased up to 60-days after purchase of a qualifying device.

Devices purchased from other sources may not qualify for AppleCare+ coverage.

Jan 8, 2021 8:35 AM in response to applenoob0987

AppleCare+ cannot be purchased “in advance”. The cost is fixed by Apple - and is determined by the device model.

If purchasing a device directly from Apple, AppleCare+ can be purchased at the time of purchase, or within 60 days of the purchase. If purchasing the device from an Apple Authorised reseller, AppleCare+ can be added from device settings - or by visiting an Apple Store.

Ipad applecare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.