Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not saving contacts (2021)

since I got my new phone (iPhone 11 pro max) back in June non of my contacts save. When someone texts me I have to ask who they are and if I try to save it again or add it to their contact it won’t save. I use my phone for work purposes so it’s making life very difficult for me. Does anyone know how I can fix it?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 8:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 4:00 PM

Hello emilywatsonx.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see that your contacts are not saving. Contacts are very important, and we will be glad to assist.

To save and sync contacts, you can use iCloud or a third-party account, such as your email account.

Use other contact accounts on iPhone

At Settings > Contacts > Default Account > What is shown there?

After checking that, go to the website for that provider and see if your contacts are shown there.

For example, if iCloud is shown, go to the iCloud website > Contacts and verify if missing contacts are shown there.

You'll also want to verify that you have Contacts turned on for the accounts in which you'd like to be using, as shown here:

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you've verified the settings are all correct, then add a new contact and then verify that it saved.

Add and use contact information on iPhone

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 4:00 PM in response to emilywatsonx

Hello emilywatsonx.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see that your contacts are not saving. Contacts are very important, and we will be glad to assist.

To save and sync contacts, you can use iCloud or a third-party account, such as your email account.

Use other contact accounts on iPhone

At Settings > Contacts > Default Account > What is shown there?

After checking that, go to the website for that provider and see if your contacts are shown there.

For example, if iCloud is shown, go to the iCloud website > Contacts and verify if missing contacts are shown there.

You'll also want to verify that you have Contacts turned on for the accounts in which you'd like to be using, as shown here:

Manage and delete contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Once you've verified the settings are all correct, then add a new contact and then verify that it saved.

Add and use contact information on iPhone

Cheers.

iPhone not saving contacts (2021)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.