Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv old generation

my old apple tv got black and now i have to conect with itunes. but my aplle tv dosnt come up there. help asap

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 10:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 11:21 AM

The procedure is a bit different for various models, so please identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support.

For Apple TV (3rd generation or later), see: Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

- Note to power the device at the indicated moment.

- Note to use a USB cable that supports data transfer (not just a charging cable), as indicated.

For Apple TV (2nd generation), you may have to look at an older document: Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support (2015)

- Note that this model needs to be not powered through the power cord during the restore.

- Note to use a USB cable that supports data transfer (not just a charging cable).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2021 11:21 AM in response to halstensen

The procedure is a bit different for various models, so please identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support.

For Apple TV (3rd generation or later), see: Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

- Note to power the device at the indicated moment.

- Note to use a USB cable that supports data transfer (not just a charging cable), as indicated.

For Apple TV (2nd generation), you may have to look at an older document: Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support (2015)

- Note that this model needs to be not powered through the power cord during the restore.

- Note to use a USB cable that supports data transfer (not just a charging cable).

apple tv old generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.