Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[2020] M1 Mac mini wake screen rotation bug

Hello.

I'm currently having an issue with my 2020 M1 Mac mini. When I first setup the Mac and had been using it for a few weeks, this bug was never an issue. But, one day I decided to screw around with screen rotation and I flipped it 270 degrees. Afterwards I flipped it back to standard and thought that was that. But, now every time my Mac goes into sleep mode or it restarts, the screen rotation is flipped back to 270 degrees. If you have any fix please leave it below.

Thank you

Jitter

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 11:24 AM

Okay, I managed to fix this on my Mac mini. I was just trying things and I deleted a few files from the system preferences. So this is far from scientific.

I removed all the display profiles from the computer's /Library/ColorSync/Profiles

I also removed /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist

I removed a few other items, but I can't remember them. Fingers crossed those are the two items that do it.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 11:24 AM in response to Jitterjatter

Okay, I managed to fix this on my Mac mini. I was just trying things and I deleted a few files from the system preferences. So this is far from scientific.

I removed all the display profiles from the computer's /Library/ColorSync/Profiles

I also removed /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver.plist

I removed a few other items, but I can't remember them. Fingers crossed those are the two items that do it.

Jan 10, 2021 8:11 PM in response to Jitterjatter

Hi there Jitterjatter,

We can understand the concern with your Mac mini screen rotating upon waking. We're happy to help you with this. To isolate this issue, we'd like to have you boot the Mac mini in safe mode. You can find the steps to do so here:

Start up your Mac in safe mode

Should this issue persist in safe mode, you may need to reinstall the macOS. Find the guidance for that here:

How to reinstall macOS

Let us know the outcome, and we can go from there.

Good luck!

[2020] M1 Mac mini wake screen rotation bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.