Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to get new mac set up from icloud (old mac hard drive crashed)

Is there a tip to get the Documents folder from icloud downloaded and syncing to my new mac? I'd like my new mac to work like the old one (i.e. work on Documents locally and have them automatically synced to icloud)

Photos, Calendar, Contacts, etc seem to work just fine

Thank you!

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jan 8, 2021 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 7:35 AM

Hello chatuser.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities and for sharing these details with us. It sounds like you want to sync documents from iCloud to your Mac. If so, we'd like help out.

If these specific documents are stocked on your iCloud Drive, you can set up your iCloud Drive to appear on your Mac. The following resource has more details on how to accomplish this:

Set up iCloud Drive

Be sure to follow all the steps listed within the resource we shared with you. Just in case you have more questions about iCloud, please check out the following link:

What is iCloud?

We hope this information is useful. Best of luck.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 7:35 AM in response to chatuser

Hello chatuser.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities and for sharing these details with us. It sounds like you want to sync documents from iCloud to your Mac. If so, we'd like help out.

If these specific documents are stocked on your iCloud Drive, you can set up your iCloud Drive to appear on your Mac. The following resource has more details on how to accomplish this:

Set up iCloud Drive

Be sure to follow all the steps listed within the resource we shared with you. Just in case you have more questions about iCloud, please check out the following link:

What is iCloud?

We hope this information is useful. Best of luck.

Trying to get new mac set up from icloud (old mac hard drive crashed)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.