Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music

I can't open my music library. When I try, I get a 'Browse Apple Music' button. I have tried to disable that in preferences but can't seem to. I have never used the music store nor do I ever want to. I just want to listen to the library I've spent years compiling. (even though a quarter of it vanished when iTunes was disabled.) Clicking on 'Recently Added', 'Artists', 'Albums' or 'Songs' does nothing.

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 12:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 8:15 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, HaHawkan!

We understand you're trying to play music from your Music Library, but have been unable to. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Based on what you're describing, the reason you're getting the option to "Browse Apple Music" is because you don't have a library in the Music app. Go to Music > Import and find the library in the folder where it is stored.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 8:15 AM in response to HaHawkan

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, HaHawkan!

We understand you're trying to play music from your Music Library, but have been unable to. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Based on what you're describing, the reason you're getting the option to "Browse Apple Music" is because you don't have a library in the Music app. Go to Music > Import and find the library in the folder where it is stored.

Have a great day!

Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.