Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

volume down ipad air 4

I just got a brand new ipad air 10.9 .

The volume down button doesnt work i can only volume up, what can i do to fix this problem ?

The ipad doesnt got any damage i have it for only few days ..

iPad Air, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 3:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 3:24 AM

If the physical button is not working, you would be best advised to return the iPad to your retailer for exchange. Time is perhaps critical...

If purchased directly from Apple, you have a 14-day unconditional return window in which to return the device for exchange or refund. If you you exchange, you will be offered a new/unused iPad of identical model and specification.

After 14-days elapse, if you make a claim under the one-year limited warranty, the exchange may be for a refurbished iPad.

All that said, a forced-restart of the iPad would be worthwhile. Whilst I feel it to be unlikely that this will resolve the issue that yiu describe, you would be well advised to try:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2021 3:24 AM in response to Ronvak

If the physical button is not working, you would be best advised to return the iPad to your retailer for exchange. Time is perhaps critical...

If purchased directly from Apple, you have a 14-day unconditional return window in which to return the device for exchange or refund. If you you exchange, you will be offered a new/unused iPad of identical model and specification.

After 14-days elapse, if you make a claim under the one-year limited warranty, the exchange may be for a refurbished iPad.

All that said, a forced-restart of the iPad would be worthwhile. Whilst I feel it to be unlikely that this will resolve the issue that yiu describe, you would be well advised to try:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

Jan 10, 2021 9:00 AM in response to Ronvak

To reiterate, If the physical button is not working, you would be best advised to return the iPad to your retailer for exchange.

Time is perhaps critical...

If purchased directly from Apple, you have a 14-day unconditional return window in which to return the device for exchange or refund. If you exchange, you will be offered a new/unused iPad of identical model and specification.

After 14-days elapse, you’ll not be able to return for refund - or exchange for a new iPad.

volume down ipad air 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.