Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One specific adapter leads to overscan

I have two identical LG Smart TVs as well as two USB‑C Digital AV Multiport Adapters connected to my MacBook Pro via HDMI. Both using the same HDMI-ports on the TVs.

One of the adapters leads to overscan (When I switch the adapters and leave everything else the same the overscan switches too). Also, they result in slightly different colors.

I tried resetting both TVs to factory settings and clearing PRAM. System preferences seem identical.

How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 5:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 6:06 AM

ComputerSaysN0 wrote:

I have two identical LG Smart TVs as well as two USB‑C Digital AV Multiport Adapters connected to my MacBook Pro via HDMI. Both using the same HDMI-ports on the TVs.

One of the adapters leads to overscan (When I switch the adapters and leave everything else the same the overscan switches too). Also, they result in slightly different colors.

I tried resetting both TVs to factory settings and clearing PRAM. System preferences seem identical.

How do I fix this?

About overscan and underscan on your Mac, Apple TV, or other display

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202763

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2021 6:06 AM in response to ComputerSaysN0

ComputerSaysN0 wrote:

How do I fix this?

About overscan and underscan on your Mac, Apple TV, or other display

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202763

One specific adapter leads to overscan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.