Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud folder sharing

Has OSX 11 Big Sur delivered additional capability to sharing folders? I want to share the core Documents folder between two different Apple IDs in Family Sharing plan so there is a single source of data. The option does not appear to be available in iCloud drive for the Documents folder but is there for others. Is there something different about Documents and Desktop folders that restricts sharing? Thanks in advance.

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 8:00 PM

I found the answer. It was buried but it was there, and I will quote it for the convenience of others:

"You can't share system-created folders such as the top-level iCloud Drive folder, Desktop, and Documents, or folders created by apps that use iCloud Drive."

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2021 8:00 PM in response to zinacef

I found the answer. It was buried but it was there, and I will quote it for the convenience of others:

"You can't share system-created folders such as the top-level iCloud Drive folder, Desktop, and Documents, or folders created by apps that use iCloud Drive."

iCloud folder sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.