You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reg e-sim

I am having iphone x and now i bought i-watch se series with cellular. Can i use my iphone x with physical sim and with the same number, can i use e-sim for my watch??

iPhone X, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 11:09 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 5:59 PM

The Apple Watch shares the iPhone's phone number, and the carriers that support the Apple Watch charge a monthly fee. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month. Here is a list of carriers that support the Apple Watch:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

It does not matter how the iPhone is provided with cellular service (physical SIM or eSIM), as long as the cellular provider supports the Apple Watch. See the provided link for cellular carriers that support the Apple Watch.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2021 5:59 PM in response to RajendranSanjay

The Apple Watch shares the iPhone's phone number, and the carriers that support the Apple Watch charge a monthly fee. In the U.S. the fee is $10 per month. Here is a list of carriers that support the Apple Watch:

https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

It does not matter how the iPhone is provided with cellular service (physical SIM or eSIM), as long as the cellular provider supports the Apple Watch. See the provided link for cellular carriers that support the Apple Watch.

Jan 9, 2021 11:18 AM in response to RajendranSanjay

Yes,that's how it works,the watch uses the phones number via the Esim on the watch and you pay an extra monthly fee on your existing phone contract.

All this is provided your network provider supports the apple watch.

The phone and the watch have to be with the same network provider.

Reg e-sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.