Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Instagram notifications not working on iOS

I'm not receiving any notifications from the Instagram app. I looked into the app notifications settings and the iOS settings app aswell and everything says that they're on when, in fact, they're not. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app and that didn't work. I do, however, receive the notifications on my macbook via Google Chrome, so it seems to be an iOS issue not an Instagram one. Thank you.

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 1:45 PM

2 replies

Jan 9, 2021 1:52 PM in response to phelee

phelee wrote:

I'm not receiving any notifications from the Instagram app. I looked into the app notifications settings and the iOS settings app aswell and everything says that they're on when, in fact, they're not. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app and that didn't work. I do, however, receive the notifications on my macbook via Google Chrome, so it seems to be an iOS issue not an Instagram one. Thank you.

Is that what instagram told you that it was an ios issue with their app? Last time I check Instagram wasn't an Apple app, nor does it have anything to do with the ios.

Instagram notifications not working on iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.