Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Storage Apple Watch

My Apple watch is telling me there is an update available but that it cannot be installed because it needs 2.5 GB storage to update. When I look at the storage available on my watch using my iPhone it tells me there is 41.82 GB available. I am at an impasse. I have tried turning off my watch and turning it on again, one piece of advice given, all to no effect.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 2:13 AM

Thanks fieryjack. I had already tried the unpair/re-pair technique before putting up my query. With no tangible result.

Subsequent to putting up the query to the Community I noticed that there was a red-spot badge symbol on the "My watch" icon at the bottom of the Apple Watch screen on my phone. When I followed this through it led me to do an update. This update proceeded at a very slow pace but eventually it ended and the new 7.1? version was on my watch,

So the issue is solved. The messages and failures I was experiencing are a mystery. Hopefully the next time there is an update things will proceed as they are intended to without any misleading messages.

Cheers from bwanafolodi

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 2:13 AM in response to Community User

Thanks fieryjack. I had already tried the unpair/re-pair technique before putting up my query. With no tangible result.

Subsequent to putting up the query to the Community I noticed that there was a red-spot badge symbol on the "My watch" icon at the bottom of the Apple Watch screen on my phone. When I followed this through it led me to do an update. This update proceeded at a very slow pace but eventually it ended and the new 7.1? version was on my watch,

So the issue is solved. The messages and failures I was experiencing are a mystery. Hopefully the next time there is an update things will proceed as they are intended to without any misleading messages.

Cheers from bwanafolodi

Storage Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.