Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flashlight Question (Ichabod J Freewing)

iPhone SE, iOS 14.3

Flashlight: I cannot reliably scroll up to reveal the Control Center screen with the flashlight. I want to be able to quickly turn on my flashlight.

Apple: Appears I have to open the Control Center to toggle flashlight on/off

Apps: There are apps, but they appear to not respect my privacy. I do not want my flashlight app snooping into my phone.

Shortcuts: there appears to be a way to set up a shortcut, but not to be able to simply turn the flashlight on/off with a flashlight icon on the screen.

Is there a simple way to turn the Flashlight on/off?

----

Android: Scroll down, turn on flashlight

thank you,

Ichabod / Steve

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 8:22 AM

Thanks Chris,

No, The flashlight is not available from the lock screen. It is on my son's iPhone XR, but not my SE.

I tried Adaptive Touch, long press. It didn't work. From the lock screen it does nothing, from the icon screen it causes them all to wiggle and display the delete minus sign.

Thank you for the suggestions though.

Steve

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 8:22 AM in response to Chris0107

Thanks Chris,

No, The flashlight is not available from the lock screen. It is on my son's iPhone XR, but not my SE.

I tried Adaptive Touch, long press. It didn't work. From the lock screen it does nothing, from the icon screen it causes them all to wiggle and display the delete minus sign.

Thank you for the suggestions though.

Steve

Jan 10, 2021 7:34 AM in response to Ichabod_J_Freewing

Do you not have the flashlight available from the Lock Screen? That's my go-to way of quickly turning on the flashlight

Also, if you have trouble accessing Control Center.. you could use an accessibility function called AssistiveTouch that puts a little 'button' on your screen and configure it to specifically open Control Center (or present multiple options)

Flashlight Question (Ichabod J Freewing)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.