Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you change guitar score to using the usual key in guitar music notation with an octave key?

Guitar music is usually noted one octave above the "real" pitch in so called Octave-Clef. This is shown with a small 8 attached to the bottom curl of the G-key. Garageband uses the standardl G-key, and F-key or the split G and F keys for high and low notes as e.g. used for piano. So creating a guitar track in music score is rather tiresome for guitarists. Have I missed an option to change the notation to using this key? If not adding this key would no doubt greatly help the many guitarists using this great musicians tool.

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 12:22 PM

Looking at the lack of answers I assume the answer is no for GB. I now installed a trial version of Logic Pro. It has the functionality to change what they call the staff to adopt to common notation of score for guitar or other instruments.

Similar questions

2 replies

Can you change guitar score to using the usual key in guitar music notation with an octave key?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.