Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving hundreds of calendar alerts

I just got an iPhone 12 Plus and all of a sudden, I am getting hundreds of email alerts with each calendar appointment. Of course, they show up on my MacBook Pro, as well, which is where I can delete hundreds of email alerts at once. My calendar is linked with my google account, but the alerts are not coming from google, just from iCal. I have already changed my Calendar - Preferences - Alerts -Events to "none" and this does not seem to solve the problems.

How can I fix this?

MacBook Air 11″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 12:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 7:37 AM

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

Remove spam from Calendar on your iPhone

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 7:37 AM in response to Alaska_user

If running iOS 13 or earlier versions, check: Settings - Passwords & Accounts - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

If running iOS 14, check: Settings - Calendar - Accounts - Any rogue entries here? If so, delete the rogue account. 

Remove spam from Calendar on your iPhone

Receiving hundreds of calendar alerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.