Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Open Save Dialog resize... seriously???

Guys,

11.1 release of Big Sur and the open/save dialog boxes still don't work properly. It makes me wonder is there anyone in Apple actually using Big Sur on a regular basis for anything but web browsing?

Media expert here and I open/save files all day long.

This is really infuriating!!!!!

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 1:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 1:58 PM

With the release of Big Sur 11.1, someone borked the default NSPanel classes framework sizing (and other functionality) that applications use to create those Finder-like Open and Save dialogs. This is also used by third-party vendors for their Cocoa-based application interfaces, so I expect Apple has taken big heat over this issue. Only Apple can fix this in what I hope is the next update to Big Sur.

Yes, it raises serious questions about quality control within the macOS product team. I'll let Apple address those internal issues rather than say what I am really thinking here.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2021 1:58 PM in response to Grif_

With the release of Big Sur 11.1, someone borked the default NSPanel classes framework sizing (and other functionality) that applications use to create those Finder-like Open and Save dialogs. This is also used by third-party vendors for their Cocoa-based application interfaces, so I expect Apple has taken big heat over this issue. Only Apple can fix this in what I hope is the next update to Big Sur.

Yes, it raises serious questions about quality control within the macOS product team. I'll let Apple address those internal issues rather than say what I am really thinking here.

Open Save Dialog resize... seriously???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.