Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts problems with Big Sur version 11.1

Anyone using BigSur version 11.1: Does anyone encounter problems when attempting ot complete a new Contacts card? (In my iMac, I start filling in sections of the new card, I pause and then the card disappears).

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 1:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2021 7:36 AM

Yes---I am having the same issue. I can't add a new contact with the "Contacts" app on my new MacBook Pro that uses Big Sur v11.1. Please note---I can add new contacts via my I-phone and they will then appear in the "Contacts" app on my MacBook. I wanted to share this as a short term solution until the larger issue is resolved.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2021 7:36 AM in response to Teastrainer

Yes---I am having the same issue. I can't add a new contact with the "Contacts" app on my new MacBook Pro that uses Big Sur v11.1. Please note---I can add new contacts via my I-phone and they will then appear in the "Contacts" app on my MacBook. I wanted to share this as a short term solution until the larger issue is resolved.

Jan 12, 2021 3:16 PM in response to Teastrainer

Hello Teastrainer,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. It sounds as though you're having issues adding contacts to the Contacts app using our Mac with macOS 11.1. When you say that you pause, how long a period are you talking about? Is it a couple seconds, minutes or even hours? Do you experience the same issue if adding a new contact on another device (if you have one)? Have you tried any actions such as restarting your Mac; how about closing or force closing the Contacts app to see if that helps?

Log out, sleep, restart, and shut down Mac

Quit apps on Mac

How to force an app to quit on your Mac

Give those actions a try and let us know if it helps.

Best wishes.

Jan 17, 2021 8:45 AM in response to SnickZ.

The pause I mentioned was merely say 2 or 3 seconds while looking at the details to copy type into the relevant spaces in 'Contacts'.

I am yet due to try the actions suggested by SnickZ in the response of 12th January 2021.

ALSO: I am going to reply to the latest note by Charles Spohn of 17th January 2021, 07.36hrs (as below) to comment on his finding.

Jan 17, 2021 8:52 AM in response to Charles Spohn

After my initial posting of 10th January, of the problem with Contacts on my iMac (Big Sur Version 11.1):

I also have the same issue as described by Charles Spohn of 17th January; Its not about a MacBook Pro but about my iPhone: I can alter or add a Contact on Contacts in my iPhone 8 (purchased January 2020), and that alteration shows correctly on my iMac.

I am still not able to enter new Contacts on my iMac, though I already, since 10th January, on several occasions logged out and re started the iMac to see if the problem goes. No improvement.

Contacts problems with Big Sur version 11.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.