Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download Rosetta 2 separately?

I am connecting a Mac Mini M1 to an LG monitor. I downloaded the software for the monitor. When opening the file, a second window opened announcing that Rosetta wanted to be installed. There were two buttons, Install and Later. I clicked Later to first determine that this was a legit file, thinking that I could install it later. I discovered that, yes, it's legit and necessary to run the software. However, I cannot find it anywhere. Even the Apple App Store does not list it. All I can find in community boards are links that show how to determine if Rosetta 2 is necessary on a machine, but no download links. The closest I've found are a couple of comments about adding a line of code in Terminal. I am very nervous about doing anything in Terminal.

I downloaded the software package a second time, thinking it would contain the Rosetta offer again. It did not.

Is there a link somewhere to download Rosetta 2? Or if not, can I get specific direction on adding the line of code in Terminal? I am not kidding, I need point by point.

Thanks!

Mac mini, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 5:31 AM

In Big Sur 11.1, there is a tool in /System/Library/CoreServices named Rosetta 2 Updater. Double-click that, and interactively, it will perform the update/installation in seconds.

In the Terminal:

/usr/sbin/softwareupdate –install-rosetta –agree-to-license

5 replies

Can I download Rosetta 2 separately?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.